Monday, March 26, 2007

Brahamian Intelligence Service pertains to the UK

Our friends from Google Alerts noticed us of the following:

Intute: Arts and Humanities Blog
26 March, 2007
Strange Communications
Filed under:

* General Arts and Humanities
* Arts and Creative Industries
* Competitions and Awards

— wclements @ 1:50 pm

Recently I made an entry about Nictoglobe for Intute (and I am working on one for The Web Biennial).

Presented by the Istanbul Contemporary Art Museum, iS.CaM, The Web Biennial is in its third incarnation: http://webbiennial.org/. This time it is bigger and better than ever with three online Pavilions dedicated to web art.

Of course, the fact that my own artwork is in the exhibition does not influence my opinion at all. Where lies a strange tale…

Also included in the Biennial is the work of mysterious Netherlands art activists Nictoglobe. I liked their work. Always keen to spread the word, I duly created an Intute record for them. A few days later I was contacted by an Agent of the ‘Brahamanian Intelligence Service’. (Its relation to Nictoglobe, essentially a magazine, is not entirely clear to me. But it is an Intelligence Service after all). I began to worry. What is worse, they thought my name was ‘Walter’. Plainly, the situation was serious. Steps had to be taken.

Unfortunately, I had inadvertently violated their collectivist values by getting some of their publisher and author roles slightly wrong. It is fortunate the situation was easily fixed. The record is corrected and relations with the Brahamanian Intelligence Service are, I understand, amicable. At least I have since received no further communications from them. They did, however, apologise for calling me Walter.

Wayne Clements

No comments: